In honor of this most momentous occasion (hehehe) I will give 16 facts about myself. I hope I do not bore you, my dear readers, for you are few and very precious to me. Here it goes!
- My family calls me Absigail. I have no idea when or why it started, but I love that nickname. Abbie-Crabby, now, I’m not so fond of that one.
- I frequently say holy cow, crickey, and oh my goodness. Yup, I’m a dork. 😂
- I have the strange habit of combing my hair with my fingers. And sometimes I rub it against my lips like a maniac. I don’t even know I’m doing it 90% of the time. Now I sound like a weirdo.
- I mess with my hair, bite my bottom lip, and rub my neck when I’m nervous.
- I love dancing to awesome 80’s songs.
- I laugh really easily and loudly. If someone said carrots in a deep, angry voice, I’d probably burst out laughing.
- My favorite food is Butter Chicken or Tikka Masala, my favorite drink is Irish breakfast black tea, and my favorite color (right now) is minty blue.
- I am really liking Audrey Hepburn/1950’s/classic-type fashion. My clothing preferences have changed probably every 6 months or so, but I think I’ve finally decided on what I’m sticking with. Don’t ask me what my favorite outfits were when I was 12. 😖
- I was born with thick black hair, which turned red and curly, and then auburn. It’s stayed pretty curly my whole life.
- If I ever have children (hoping and praying to be a wife and mommy someday!) a name I’d like for a boy is David, and for a girl I like Elanor (spelled just that way).
- I’ve had a crush on Luke Skywalker since, well, forever. As a 8-13 year old or so I went through a phase when I didn’t have much interest in Star Wars (what was wrong with me?). Then I came back as a very opinionated and judgmental-about-movies teen, and decided that I really love the original trilogy. And that Luke is a really good character (and cute to boot!). I still cannot like the prequels though. They don’t stand up to the O. T. in any way.
- I am not very picky when it comes to food and I will try pretty much anything once. Dried squid? Yup. Calf liver? You betcha! Salt and pepper potato chip chocolate bar? Oh yeah! And it was yummy too! I am becoming more of a purist in what I eat though. GMO’s are a no-no, and so are artificial sweeteners and loads of sugar.
- I have owned three beta fish in my life: two I had to give away because of two different moves, one was sick when I bought him and died after I had only had him a few days.
- Some of my favorite actors/actresses are Martin Freeman, Audrey Hepburn, John Krasinski, Tom Hanks, and James McAvoy.
- My favorite authors are C. S. Lewis, J. R. R. Tolkien, Jane Austen, and Lois Walfrid Johnson
- I cry very easily at books and movies, but the compassionate words of Jesus never fail to bring me to tears. When He prayed over His disciples right before His arrest in the book of John, when He called the dead girl in Mark 5 “little lamb”, and when He lamented over Jerusalem… His love and compassion for us is so great, and it always amazes me!
So, what did you think of my 16 random facts about myself? What are some weird and random facts about you? Leave a comment, I’d love to get to know you more!