(Or coffee stains. Whatever.)
Do you find that you mugs seem to collect unattractive brown stains on the inside? Ours definitely do! With a family of 10 people who all enjoy coffee and tea, our mugs can sometimes use a good spa day. I have a fast and simple treatment that’ll leave your mugs looking almost new!
What you’ll need:
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp water (or so – I’ve never measured!)
- A stained mug
- Sprinkle the baking soda into the bottom of your mug, and add the water.
- Mix the stuff together with your fingers a little. It should form a paste.
- Rub the paste into your mug with your fingertips. The stains should come out pretty easily, but older, more severe ones might need a little more elbow grease.
- Wash and dry your mug when you are done rubbing it. You should be left with a like-new mug, and some nasty looking baking soda paste!
The baking soda hasn’t irritated my fingers yet, but since it is such fine exfoliant I can imagine it causing discomfort. I suggest only doing a few mugs at a time. If you want to do more, maybe try doing it with latex gloves on.
Enjoy your sparkling clean mugs! Let me know how this worked for you in the comments!